We have built our business on the strength of the quality of our service and we therefore feel responsible for ensuring that the privacy of our users is appropriately protected at all times.
Privacy & Personal Information
Personal information is defined as being any information which can be linked to an identified or identifiable individual. Quite simply, if any information can be linked to you it becomes personal information and we therefore take great care when collecting and processing such information in order to protect the privacy of our users.
Collecting your Personal Information
During the booking process we require you to complete certain fields and request that you complete other fields
Fair and Lawful Purposes for Collecting your Information
We collect your personal information for one main purpose:
Operational - in order to be able to provide the right service you require which may depend on the hardware & software installed in your home or office Using your Information
MaltaCarHire.com uses your personal information to be able to provide the service required.
MaltaCarHire.com has invested in various technical and organisational security measures to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. For example: we have built our systems with your privacy in mind at the design stage. MaltaCarHire.com employees who have access either to the databases that store user information or to the servers that host our services must comply with strict security rules. While we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration to data will not occur; we make every effort to prevent such unfortunate occurrences.
Legal Requirements and How Long we keep Personal Information
MaltaCarHire.com may be required by law to:
- Disclose certain personal information for purposes of law enforcement or national security;
- Store personal information for various periods of time (e.g. in connection with tax laws);
- As a rule MaltaCarHire.com will not store your personal data for a period of more than ten years.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are Cookies and how does MaltaCarHire.com use them?
A cookie is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer's hard drive. Cookies are developed to standards, tightly restricted, and under no circumstance do we have direct access to your PC , hard drive or any other of your devices. We may send you more than one cookie depending on the services you are interested in. This is done automatically and you will normally not notice that this is happening. You can choose whether to accept the cookies that we send to you by changing the settings of your browser. If you choose not to accept these cookies, your experience at our site may be inferior and some features will not work as intended.
- Link a user to the account information we store on our computers;
- Estimate the number of people using our different services. Each browser accessing MaltaCarHire.com is given a unique cookie which is then used to determine the extent of repeat usage, usage by a registered user versus by an unregistered user, and to help target information and advertisements based on user interests and behaviour;
- Measure certain traffic patterns, which areas of MaltaCarHire.com's services you visit and detect your visiting patterns. This information is used to understand how our users' habits are similar or different from one another so that we can ensure that our services, both technical and commercial, are properly set up to give our customers an enjoyable and profitable experience;
In addition to the cookies placed by MaltaCarHire.com, advertisers that place ads on MaltaCarHire.com or advertisers you may have accessed through MaltaCarHire.com may also use their own cookies.
Does MaltaCarHire.com sell Personal Information to other Companies? No it does not. If another company wishes to contact any of our customers it gives us the advertisement and the profile of the target audience. MaltaCarHire.com acts as the middleman in the transaction and only MaltaCarHire.com knows whether a particular customer fits the profile targeted by the advertiser. What MaltaCarHire.com may occasionally sell is aggregate information, i.e. statistical data with no names included. MaltaCarHire.com only passes any of your information to third parties, if you have specifically consented to it.